RM Sotheby’s Amelia Island Sale 2021
RM Sotheby’s, the official auction company of the world-renowned Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, is celebrating its 23rd year at the event. The auction will offer best-of-category examples across diverse segments of the collector car market. Those interested in consigning are asked to contact an RM Car Specialist to discuss opportunities by clicking here – CONSIGN TODAY
In light of current local and global developments as regards COVID – 19, the Concours organisers have pushed back the date of the event from its traditional early March slot to late May. RM Sotheby’s is in full support of the Concours’s efforts to safeguard all those in attendance and will likewise prioritize the safety of its clients, staff and attendees.
This from the Concours website –
*Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up)*
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present including this event. At the event, you will be required to abide by all facility/event rules or risk ejection. By attending the event, you assume all risks, whether occurring prior to, during or after and recognize that attendance is voluntary and may result in personal injury, including possible death and exposure to COVID-19 and agree to release, waive and discharge event management, its sponsors and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners, employees and volunteers from all claims resulting directly or indirectly from your attendance.
- 2020 – 1970 Lola T165 Can-Am (sold for $665,000) – tripling expectations
- 2019 –1966 Shelby 427 Cobra (sold for $1,792,500)
- Most valuable non-competition spec 427 Cobra ever sold at auction
- 2018 – 1993 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 3.8 (sold for $1,655,000)
- New Auction Record for the Type 964 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
- 2017 – 1929 Stutz Model M Supercharged Coupe (sold for $1,705,000)
- New Record for a Stutz at Auction
- 2017 – Highest total in Amelia Island auction history: $70.9 million
- 2016 – 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica LWB Coupe Aerodinamico (sold for $4,400,000)
- World Record price for a 400 Superamerica Coupe at auction