- This event has passed.
SMC 1000 Tours – 2022 – Mercedes Benz AMG
19th June 2022 - 24th June 2022
The first SCM 1000 Tour of 2022 is dedicated to Mercedes Benz AMG cars from 1967 to the present. Other modern specialty Mercedes by application.
The details of the tour are as follows –
- Four days of driving on 1,000 miles of Oregon back roads, with support mechanics on the route
- All-inclusive, with five nights of accommodations, meals and custom swag
- Start and finish each day at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Bend, Oregon
- Nightly “Conversations with Collectors” and talks led by AMG experts
- Supported by the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center and AMG. Partnering with The Star magazine
- Limited to 45 cars – all SCM 1000 Tours are reserved for SCM Members and partners
- Advisory panel includes SCM Contributors Pierre Hedary, Dean Laumbach and Phillip Richter, past MBCA President Allen Stephens, and The Star magazine Editor-In-Chief Jeff Zurschmeide
- Tour fee is $8,000 per car, two persons double occupancy. Single supplement is $2000.
SCM (Sports Car Market) is a monthly magazine dedicated to the car collecting market. It is published by Keith Martin started the magazine, originally called the Alfa Romeo Market Letter, in 1988. The newsletter expanded to become the Sports Car Market Letter in 1993. Clearly, it has a deep-seated heritage. In 2018 SCM started the SCM 1000 classic car tour series.
This is what Keith Martin says –
“The SCM 1000 began in 2018 as a celebration of Sports Car Market magazine’s 30th anniversary. After all – what better way to celebrate than with 80 fellow gear heads, in 50+ year old cars, bombing down 1000 miles of winding, two-lane roads.
It was so much fun, we decided to make it an annual affair.
The SCM 1000 is designed with an emphasis on the roads. Participants are encouraged to take their time, enjoy the scenery, stop for pictures and really enjoy the journey.
For enthusiasts who enjoy using their cars, the SCM 1000 has offered a chance to experience the majestic Columbia River Gorge, historic Timberline Lodge and Crater Lake National Park — while capping off each day with answers to the hot-button questions of today’s market.”
All marques are invited to apply, but each year has a featured marque and preference is given to that marque. The tour is open to cars built in 1974 and earlier, or continuation by application.
A portion of the proceeds are donated to the Oregon Volunteer Firefighers Association
To read more about the SCM 1000, check out these SCM columns by Keith Martin: Thirty Years, 1000 Miles and Conducting the SCM 1000.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide information on a Classic Car Tor. It refers to material that is in the Public Domain. Carsceneinternational.com has no commercial relationship with the organiser or sponsors featured.