SCM 1000 Tours- 2022 – Cars from Italy
July 17 - July 22
The second SCM 1000 Tour of 2022 is dedicated to “Cars from Italy”.
- An immersive, all-inclusive five-day motoring experience with fellow SCMers
- Featuring the cars of Italy, and open to other pre-1975 sports cars
- Hagerty Grand Marshals are Bill and Jane Warner of the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
- Explore the Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast
- Four days of driving on 1,000 miles of back roads, with support vehicles on the route
- Start and finish each day at Skamania Lodge in the Columbia Gorge
- All-inclusive, with five nights of accommodations, meals and custom swag
- Nightly “Conversations with Collectors” and talks led by SCM experts
- Limited to 45 cars
- Tour fee is $8,000 per car, two persons double occupancy. Single supplement is $2000.
SCM (Sports Car Market) is a monthly magazine dedicated to the car collecting market. It is published by Keith Martin started the magazine, originally called the Alfa Romeo Market Letter, in 1988. The newsletter expanded to become the Sports Car Market Letter in 1993. Clearly, it has a deep-seated heritage. In 2018 SCM started the SCM 1000 classic car tour series.
This is what Keith Martin says –
“The SCM 1000 began in 2018 as a celebration of Sports Car Market magazine’s 30th anniversary. After all – what better way to celebrate than with 80 fellow gear heads, in 50+ year old cars, bombing down 1000 miles of winding, two-lane roads.
It was so much fun, we decided to make it an annual affair.
The SCM 1000 is designed with an emphasis on the roads. Participants are encouraged to take their time, enjoy the scenery, stop for pictures and really enjoy the journey.
For enthusiasts who enjoy using their cars, the SCM 1000 has offered a chance to experience the majestic Columbia River Gorge, historic Timberline Lodge and Crater Lake National Park — while capping off each day with answers to the hot-button questions of today’s market.”
All marques are invited to apply, but each year has a featured marque and preference is given to that marque. The tour is open to cars built in 1974 and earlier, or continuation by application.
A portion of the proceeds are donated to the Oregon Volunteer Firefighers Association
The purpose of this webpage is to provide information on a Classic Car Tor. It refers to material that is in the Public Domain. Carsceneinternational.com has no commercial relationship with the organiser or sponsors featured.